Sharing my story has been a transformative experience for many reasons, but the main reason I chose to make Sarah's Choice is to bring hope to the many other silent victims of Sexual Assault. Because the world is a better place when all of us are able to enjoy it, even it sometimes takes awhile to get there.
Below are a list of resources that have helped me and my partner on my journey. As well as some links for those who want to know how to better protect themselves and/or their children.
My journey has involved mindfulness based therapy, a few books, and most of all strategic planning to make sure I'm able to work through the inevitable waves of emotion safely. Every journey is different, use what works for you, discard what doesn't, and give yourself lots of compassion.
- Recovering from Sexual Assualt
- Toxic Parents - A fantastic book that helped me define, and better understand myself and this journey.
- The 5 Steps to Protecting Our Children
- Find a Therapist
- Help a Loved One
- RAINN - Rape, Abuse, and Incest National Network
- Darkness to Light - An organization committed to stopping, preventing, and helping those hurt by child abuse.
- Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255 - The National Suicide Prevention line, a number I keep in my favorites for the days it gets tough.